Tuesday, April 28, 2009

There is no great loss without some small gain...

So the Wild did not have a stellar season, but apparently that not so great season was the kick the Wild needed to create some turnover in the management. I like to review the good things that happened in the past seasons because I think the press tends to focus a bit too much on the negative because it's easier.

1.) Mikko Koivu was mostly healthy the entire season, and he made himself a STRONG case for being the permanent captain of the team. Under the new coach perhaps?

2.) Our veteran players really stepped it up and did their jobs. Hats off to Nolan and Brunette! This does not mean I will stop telling dinosaur jokes about Nolan.

3.) The Wild sucking got rid of Risebrough! If I had known that was going to happen...but that's beside the point.

4.) I got to see the Blackhawks play in person, and it was awesome. That's what I hope our team can turn into. Unfortunately that would involve almost 15 years of horrible teams. On second thought, that would suck.

5.) Foster's return! I'm so happy for him, I'm really glad he gets to play again, and let's not lie, I'm happy he's able to simply return to having a normal life. Walking is a really important thing.

6.) Skoula wasn't as brutal as he has been in seasons past. Granted this could be because several of his fellow defencemen were MORE brutal, but you know, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. For like 2 weeks in the middle of the season, he played pretty well.

Did I miss anything major? I wasn't able to watch most of the season, but I read blogs and the paper and watch when I can, so you guys will have to fill in the gaps.

No comments: