Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fantasy Hockey

So the HLOG league I'm in drafted today. Here is who I got:
C-Joe Sakic
C-Chris Drury
LW-Rick Nash
LW-Wojtek Wolski
LW-Clarke MacArthur
RW-Brian Gionta
RW-Ales Hemsky
RW-Brian Rolston
D-Niklas Lidstrom
D-Zdeno Chara
D-Brett Clark
D-Mike Commodore
D-Tom Poti
G-Niklas Backstrom
G-Vesa Toskala
G-Josh Harding
I'm pretty stoked about Lidstrom especially. I couldn't decide what do to about Niedermayer. I didn't want to get screwed over, so in the end I decided against him. MacArthur is finally getting to play with the big club. I love his style and have followed him since his junior days, so I really hope he does well. Sakic will hopefully continue to be ageless, and I'm hoping for a repeat performance from Backstrom. Should be a decent team, I'll have to see. I'm up against Sherry this week, and she has Spezza, Alfredsson, is a hoser and took Boyle, and has my boy Parise.

5 comments:

Marie said...

So you have both Wild goalies?? Haha, and to think neither Kings goalie was picked!

Kirsten said...

I do indeed. It's cause they're both good, but most people don't really realize that...I win! I would have laughed if someone had taken Cloutier.

Silencer76 said...

Only 2 C's on your club? At least Drury will get to play with Jagr and either Prucha or Shanahan. That alone should bolster his point production, since he never really had anyone to pass to in Buffalo.

Not sure on Harding, he hasn't had enough opportunities to show me much being logged behind Fernandez, Roloson and Backstrom the past few seasons.

Looks like the big key for you will be the health of Rick Nash, and if Sakic can get some help in Colorado. :)

Bethany said...

RICK NASH?! I'm so not impressed.

Kirsten said...

I'm hoping Sakic, Brunette, and Smyth are on a line together. That would make me a happy camper...until I have to play whoever it is that snagged Bruno out from under me.
In Rick Nash's defence, he played really well for Team Canada this summer, and I'm hoping that carries over into the regular season.