Monday, September 3, 2007

Since I'm always bored at the end of the summer, I'm used to having to find things to do to amuse myself. Typically that means I overcommit myself at the beginning of the school year, and then once hockey starts I don't have time to follow it. Looks like I'm on that path again, but maybe I'll learn how to say no this year. On the other hand, my homework actually gets done at the beginning of the semester because I'm not blowing it off to watch hockey. (I can do my homework during playoff baseball no problem. There is definitely enough down time in baseball. Hockey, not so much.) If you have suggestions for things to keep the offseason rolling, please let me know.

Since the Wild aren't doing anything at the moment, I will just make do with the Twins. Seriously, the Wild have done almost NOTHING recently. Their news headlines have been the same for at least the last week.

Justin Morneau has been nominated for the Hank Aaron award again this season. I would strongly recommend voting for him...even if you don't vote for him, you can still win a free TV.
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/mlb/fan_forum/ha/y2007/index.jsp

Leeeeeewwwwwwww Ford is back with the Twins. After being demoted to their AAA affiliate, he is now part of the September call ups, and will be available to play tomorrow.
Source: Minnesota Twins

One last random note/warning: The Bombers lost to the Riders yesterday at the end of the game, so I'm pretty bitter about that. Several people got very, uh, annoyed responses this morning when they asked me over AIM how the game went. I would recommend giving it another day before attempting to discuss the game.

No comments: