Friday, April 25, 2008

Before the weekend starts...



So I am helping to run a huge music festival on campus that will take place on Saturday. I probably won't emerge from the craziness until Monday or so, but there are a few things I wanted to make sure get addressed.
My second round picks:

Montreal vs. Philly
Montreal in 6.
I don't know if the city of Montreal can handle another game 7 right now, and this series will be tougher than I previously thought.


Pittsburgh vs. NYR
Rangers in 7
I hope to God the Rangers win. Not that I like the Blueshirts by any means, but I'm SO sick of the Penguins.

Detroit vs. Colorado
Detroit in 7
Colorado is playing pretty well right now, but I don't know if they are playing well enough to knock off Detroit. The thing Detroit should be worried about is that they are not completely steamrolling along, hence the non-sweep of the last series.

San Jose vs. Dallas
San Jose in 6
This series will be hard fought, too. Dallas seems to have recovered a bit from their pre-playoff slide, but then again they played Anaheim, who had all of two players really playing hard for them. San Jose barely won their last series, so we'll see.

Twins: Let's not lie here, I have watched most of a regular season game (the opener), and about half of a preseason game so far this season. I really don't have a clue as to what's going on, but in 11 days I will, and I promise I'll talk a bit more about them then. Anyone who would care to fill me in on what I have missed should feel free to shoot me an email, I'd be happy to read your thoughts on the season thus far.

Habs won in overtime tonight, and Detroit almost blew a 4-1 lead, but still managed to hang on for the win. Those were the only two games tonight, so I'm sure there will be a ton of games tomorrow and Saturday nights. As always, if there is a specific team you are dying to know about (or even mildly curious about), check out my blogroll. I think I have all the blogs labeled by team...

I don't really want to speculate about what will happen in the offseason, but perhaps I might ask Baby Hockey Jesus to help DR make good decisions this offseason, and to go and find his balls from wherever he left them after the Doug Gilmour trade.

4 comments:

Teebz said...

Homework mascot/hockey icon Sidney Crosby is not pleased. lol

Kirsten said...

Why is he not pleased? What have I done to offend?

Teebz said...

"I'm SO sick of the Penguins".

Homework mascot says "prepare for parade". lol

Kirsten said...

Oh, that. Whatever homework mascot. I will barf if the Pens win the Stanley Cup, and then I will pitch the homework mascot out the window, because he obviously caused it.