Tuesday, April 1, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Flames beat the Oilers 3-2 tonight to eliminate them from the playoffs. Sad day. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted them to make it, but alas, Baby Hockey Jesus did not hear/answer my prayers. TOPPEP (HFboards/Facebook), in it's infinate wisdom did not deem this year the year to make another epic run at the Cup.

The Avs beat the Nucks 4-2 to make us have to fight for the division crown, but as was mentioned on the podcast created tonight by five Wild bloggers, that might not be such a bad thing after all. It will provide more motivation for the boys to beat Calgary and Colorado. I'll post a link to the much longer than anticipated podcast.

I'm going to go and study for my exams and try not to think about how much I don't like the Flames, so that I get some work done.

On a brighter note, I made my chart for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and as soon as the matchups are released, I will make a chart with my predictions on it.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Just win the division. That's all I ask of the Wild now. Get the job done in their last two games and #3 seed is Minnesota's.

Looking forward to your predictions, Kristen!

Kirsten said...

Haha, don't even worry about it. With so many variations out there, it's easy to do.

I'm hoping they can hold it together tonight vs the Flames...