Tuesday, April 1, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Flames beat the Oilers 3-2 tonight to eliminate them from the playoffs. Sad day. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted them to make it, but alas, Baby Hockey Jesus did not hear/answer my prayers. TOPPEP (HFboards/Facebook), in it's infinate wisdom did not deem this year the year to make another epic run at the Cup.

The Avs beat the Nucks 4-2 to make us have to fight for the division crown, but as was mentioned on the podcast created tonight by five Wild bloggers, that might not be such a bad thing after all. It will provide more motivation for the boys to beat Calgary and Colorado. I'll post a link to the much longer than anticipated podcast.

I'm going to go and study for my exams and try not to think about how much I don't like the Flames, so that I get some work done.

On a brighter note, I made my chart for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and as soon as the matchups are released, I will make a chart with my predictions on it.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Just win the division. That's all I ask of the Wild now. Get the job done in their last two games and #3 seed is Minnesota's.

Looking forward to your predictions, Kristen!

Paul said...

Man, I cannot spell (or type) for crap tonight... how embarassing with the i and r switch... STUPID, STUPID! LOL.

Kirsten said...

Haha, don't even worry about it. With so many variations out there, it's easy to do.

I'm hoping they can hold it together tonight vs the Flames...