Monday, April 14, 2008

Playing Catchup


This is a bit what my brain feels like lately.
Photo taken from a random Google search.

I realize that I have not been blogging as faithfully as I should have been, but for some reason I'm just not feeling very creative/analytical these days. This might be due to the fact that I'm under a lot of stress right now at the end of the semester. I've been watching as much hockey as my internet connection and TV reservations will let me, and I've been especially reading what other people have to say about the games that I have to miss. I've been more than content to let others do the work recently, and that makes me a major slacker, so I'm going to attempt to say a few things about each series that I've noted so far.

Habs/Bruins:
Habs are up 2-1 in the series which is more than I expected from the Bruins. I feel like the Habs have been slacking off even more than I have these last couple of games. This is not good, they can't afford to take anyone lightly in the playoffs. Come back soon, brother of Mikko! The Habs keep getting me put on internet probation because I can't not watch, but the games are so early, and I need to watch my boys too.

Red Wings/Preds:
Wings are up 2-0 in the series, and from what I can tell they are just toying with the Preds and the slaughter and pain will be over in a few days and the Preds players can go off and play golf or whatever. I hear Zetterdouche shaved his beard for the beginning of the playoffs. He and his laziness should love the playoffs in terms of personal grooming... Steph will soon be happy again.

Penguins/Sens:
Pens are up 2-0 in the series, and boy do I have to hear about it constantly. I've decided that I care a lot less about this series than I thought I might. For Sherry's sake I hope the Sentators show some life and smack the Pens around a little bit next game.

Sharks/Shames:
Series is tied at 1-1. I admit, I'm blatantly cheering for the Sharks on this one, even though I'm not really a big fan of them, I just really, really don't like the Flames. I'm hoping this will be the year Joe Thornton decides to play in the first round, then he can disappear again. Sorry to Leanne.

Caps/Flyers:
Series is tied at 1-1. This series is more entertaining than I thought it would be, but I'm still finding it hard to care about this series since two teams I'm fairly indifferent towards are playing in it. I hear Ovechkin is up to his usual, dramatic tricks.

Wild/Avs:
Series is tied at 1-1. Obviously this is the series that I am watching most closely, and it's about to kill me. I'm hoping the boys in green red can pull this off, even though the Wild are plagued with injuries and Joe Sakic. I will keep my fingers crossed and my superstitious habits going.

Devils/Rangers:
Rangers are up 2-1 in the series. This is another series that I don't really care about, but for some reason I was disappointed to see the Rangers lose tonight. I have no idea why that is. It's starting to get more interesting tonight with the Devils' win.

Ducks/Stars:
Stars are up 2-0 in this series. I care a lot more about this one than I thought I would, and I have found myself paying more attention to it than I should. Two teams that I don't like so much, though I definitely hate the Ducks more at this point. The game almost got fun yesterday, but nope, another blowout. If the Ducks don't show some life in the next game, I say they are dead in the water.

Up Next: The Wild play the Avs on the road at 9 PM CDT. The game is on Versus, and I will be watching. The Wild need to come out ready to play, and play hard. Someone needs to contain Forsberg, and Sakic can't be allowed to wander around near our net at will. Laperierre shouldn't cause too much trouble, so if Parrish is going to be ok, I expect him to play and be the Wild counterpart to Ryan Smyth. Hopefully the Wild will remember that Bruno is wicked with the wraparounds. I as always encourage that you guys head over to the Avs blogs and trash talk a bit, then check out the other, less lazy Wild bloggers to see what they have up. They are trotting out some good stuff for the playoffs.

8 comments:

Connie said...

This is another series that I don't really care about, but for some reason I was disappointed to see the Rangers lose tonight.

Totally felt the same way even though this series is of no importance to me.

I LOVE watching the Habs play. Their skating is hypnotizing to watch, as is Kovalev's hair blowing in the wind.

elise said...

catchup, ketchup, hahaa

I want the Sharks to beat the Flames sooooo badly. It would make my day.

And the Habs need to win...I want to see more baby goalie Carey Price.

Kirsten said...

ckim-I feel like I should try a little harder to care since it's the playoffs, but I have precious little time to spend watching hockey right now, so I'm totally prioritizing.

Kovalev reminds me a little bit of Guy LaFleur. I like it.

Elise-I was hoping someone was going to catch that reference.

It would totally make my day. I loathe the Flames so much.

Baby Goalie Price is awesome, but apparently he can't cook.

elise said...

I really like puns.

Ah, did you read the article about how his old billet family came up and went grocery shopping for him, too?

Kirsten said...

Puns are fun, but rarely am I clever enough to make them. I will try to make a greater effort in the future.

I did! It made me laugh. He'll either have to get a bigger contract, learn to cook, or get a girlfriend soon.

elise said...

I don't think he would have a huge problem with any of those options.

Connie said...

Elise - You speak the truth, my friend.

Kirsten - I wish I could watch all of the Montreal games and at least SOME of the goddamn Penguins games. Geebus Versus, can't you show me some Penguins?!?!

Paul said...

Kirsten, as one would say, "ya gotta do what ya gotta do"... it's all good, no worries in regards to the blogging frequency of late. Look at me though. I have so many drafts as entries, I have so much catching up to do. I enjoy the good read anytime you write. :)

Simply an awesome comeback win for the Wild! Lousy for a good chunk of the game and then the great finish! Now let's hope they get it done tonight!