Friday, January 18, 2008

Justin Morneau re-signs with the Twins!


He's the one on the right, in case you didn't know.
Photo swiped from BatGirl's blog. Thanks, BG!

Our 2006 AL MVP winning first baseman is back for at least one more season, according to the Canadian Press and TSN. He's going to be making $7.4 million US for the year to hopefully bring us some more MVP numbers. What I really hope is that he doesn't play in the All-Star game again. Morneau had 28 homeruns before the break last season and three (I think) after it. I am superstitious enough that I will never vote for him again. I would love to see him signed to a long-term deal, preferably before 2010, when we have the potential to get really screwed.

Guerrier, Rincon (who I could have sworn they traded), and Cuddyer are still eligible for arbitration.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Morneau sounds like Moreau and that's why I like him and I'm sticking to it. Obviously I can't help it.

Kirsten said...

Haha, I support that reasoning. Whatever floats your boat and lures you away, even slightly from being a Tigers fan...