Thursday, March 13, 2008

At Least the Ookies are Awesome


Booth pictures are from a random Google search. I suggest googling Scott Niedermayer if you don't believe the Ookies, Alix, or me.

So tonight I hung out in the IBP game thread, and had a lovely chat with many of the (ir) regulars, and some poo was flung...mostly by me, I have to admit, and mostly at Alix, writer of The Humming Giraffe. I'm sorry, Alix, I love the giraffe, and you are awesome. I'm just frustrated, and not looking forward to playing you guys 2,395, 573 times at the end of this month. The fact that Scott Niedermayer looks very much like the giraffe that adorns The Humming Giraffe was also discussed in the quest to find a name for said giraffe. I don't know about you guys, but I hereby vote for Scott as the name.

So the Wild lost 4-3 in a shootout to the Devils, and went 0-3 in said shootout. Earth to Brian Rolston, the slapshot thing isn't working any more. I think every goalie on God's Green Earth has figured out that you will try that...

Paul Martin (former Gopher) and Zach Parise (former UND player boo, but he's from MN) were in town tonight for the first time as Devils, as we haven't played the Devils in Minnesota since before they were born probably. (Which is not a knock on them, since they are older than me.) I'm sure they had quite a crowd there like Nisky did, but they play for a team I like better than the Stars. Martin Brodeur continues in his quest to look exactly like Gump Worsley, except he's too vain to play without a mask.
Anyone have any idea what this is? Google turns up some strange things sometimes. Apparently it's a hockey card...
Up Next: LA Kings. I'm a bad fan. I didn't know that off the top of my head, and I had to use my cell phone to light up my Wild wall calendar since it's A.) dark in my room B.) Faster than looking it up on the internet somewhere. So we play the Kings. Rob Blake is awesome, Dan Cloutier is not, unless he's helping us win playing like his normal self instead of super well like KMS2 mentioned. Game is on at *checks calendar* 7 CT, and that's the end of the useful information I have gleaned from this highly useful wall decoration.


This photo came up when I googled "Scott Niedermayer" The facial expression totally works.-------->


As one final, random aside, I just found out about the existance of a giraffe beetle while making this post. I don't know how you guys feel about bugs, but click on the link if you want to see the coolest thing EVER. Apparently they live in Madagasgar. I really, really want to see one now. http://images.wildmadagascar.org/pictures/dylan/Giraffe_Beetle,_Perinet.jpg

6 comments:

Connie said...

1991 Scott Neiderdude. Wow, rockin the fluffy hair; can't knock him for trying I guess.

Maggie said...

The randomness ranks right up the with "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" that came up when I was doing a search on Andrew Brunette. I bet you enjoying the whole giraffe deal seeing as you like giraffes and SN.

Patty (in Dallas) said...

That is a cool bug.

Kirsten said...

Ckim-he has always had very interesting hair...

Patty-I thought so. I had never heard of a giraffe beetle before today. I think this is why I'm a science major.

I do like giraffes, but not Scott Niedermayer right now.

alix said...

Giraffes are the shit. I've somehow become obsessed with them ever since Pookie/Schnookie decided Matty looks like a humming giraffe. Hee. You didn't have to apologize, I kind of started it when I said Koivu was icky/punky. And you shouldn't worry about playing my team right now...they can't do anything right these days.

Loser Domi said...

The card and the last photo made me think immediately of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux2B3Vk7kIc
and giraffe beetles are pretty cool looking