Pierre-Marc Bouchard and his brother, Francois. Posted because I can.
The Wild beat Nashville 5-4 in OT last night on a game winner by Gaborik. I refuse to say glowing things about Gaborik ever, so all I'll say is good job. To the rest of the team, why did you start sucking? You guys were playing so well!! Mark Parrish answers this question for me, but much as I love him, I'm slightly less than fond of his answer. "We love the drama," Minnesota right-winger Mark Parrish said. "We want our fans to get every penny's worth. We want to put them through all the emotions." -Quote courtesy of TSN
Parrish, Nummelin, Bouchard, Gaborik (2) all scored for Minnesota last night. Brian Rolston was out with the flu, and I was pleased to see Nummelin playing in his place. Foster is looking a little beat up again lately. Poor guy has it rough, even with a face shield. Maybe he should start wearing a cage....
I'll still count this game in the streak of awesomeness, even though it certainly could have been more awesome.
- Mark Parrish didn't lost a tooth last night
- The Red Wings lost their 6th straight game last night
- Forsberg has decided not to come to the US after all. Surprise surprise.
- The Wild are now at least five points ahead of Calgary and Vancouver in the standings.
- Rob Blake now wants to stay in LA
- Lecavalier apparently doesn't want to be traded either. That's too bad...
- Marleau and Brind'Amour are both on the IR
- Staios got fined, not suspended for slashing one of the Canucks.